Airpods pro mic not working on windows 11

Anonymous
2023-05-03T09:14:29+00:00

Hi there,

since more or less one week my airpods pro mic doesn't work anymore on windows 11.

If I go on Sound>properties>input settings the format is empty and the volume is on 0.

any idea what's going wrong?

thanks a lot

Best

Daniele

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T01:27:02+00:00

    Microphone still not works, is there any solution?
    I have the newest version of hardware for airpods and newest version for windows11. I can hear voice but no microphone input.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T03:42:53+00:00

    Windows 11 was upgraded or freshly installed? my observation if windows 11 is upgraded from older version of windows - Airpods MIC does not work correctly - I was not able to pinpoint it :( but airpods mic works good on windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T04:11:25+00:00

    It's freshly installed, the output works fine but mic doesn't work in my case.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T04:17:47+00:00

    Im adding to this - ive tried 2 different types of airpods and Samsung galaxy pods. Same issue.

    Output works but Mic does not.

    Have removed and reinstalled all audio and chipset drives. Fresh install of 22H3

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T04:53:49+00:00

    As you say its freshly installed - no other comments from me :(

    For me - I installed freshly - windows 11 - updated all windows drivers and etc - no updates pending.

    Then I have installed only Apple Airpod as a bluetooth device - no other bluetooth device installed on my laptop - as I am nore dependent on it for my all calls and its working good since then.

    Before I had same problem.

    As in some comments I read Apple Airpods not work with windows 11 I was completely disappointed and cursed apple/microsoft.

    but then with above workaround as it is working - Happy and last 6 months restricted to install any other bluetooth device on my laptop - as I need Apple Airpods the most compared to anything else.
    For no no other Bluetooth gives so clear voice feel as good as apple airpods.
    GOOD LUCK...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments