This is so frustrating - everything had been working fine but then the mic stopped working and I can't get it back. Both audio and mic work when paired on my iphone so Apple says it's a Microsoft issue. I too, have updated drivers, reset, re-paired, tried to alter the volume for the mic in sound settings (it keeps going back to "0"). I've given up and just ordered another set of non-Apple earbuds to see if they will work.
Airpods pro mic not working on windows 11
Hi there,
since more or less one week my airpods pro mic doesn't work anymore on windows 11.
If I go on Sound>properties>input settings the format is empty and the volume is on 0.
any idea what's going wrong?
thanks a lot
Best
Daniele
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-08-28T12:03:21+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-08-28T09:48:30+00:00 Dear team,
I would like to tell you I am also facing same issue with air pods pro 2 mic is not working at all could you pleas fix this problem Thanks.
-
Anonymous
2023-08-16T12:11:15+00:00 What you normally have to do is remove the device the pair it again. The microphone situation on the version 1 and version 2 are a little different. Version 2 seems to be able to connect to only one system for the microphone. The version 1 AirPods Pro appears to work fairly normally in Windows 11.
I have little experience in using a Microphone so I am not that familiar with normal operation.
If you can't get anything, you can do a hard reset on AirPods Pro which might clear things out so they will work better. Also, check the version of the firmware you have to make sure it is the latest.
I have the same issue, and this problem appears on several windows 11 computers. Tested with windows 10, works great there. Factory reset does not work.
-
Anonymous
2023-05-03T17:36:17+00:00 What you normally have to do is remove the device the pair it again. The microphone situation on the version 1 and version 2 are a little different. Version 2 seems to be able to connect to only one system for the microphone. The version 1 AirPods Pro appears to work fairly normally in Windows 11.
I have little experience in using a Microphone so I am not that familiar with normal operation.
If you can't get anything, you can do a hard reset on AirPods Pro which might clear things out so they will work better. Also, check the version of the firmware you have to make sure it is the latest.
-
Anonymous
2023-05-03T17:00:22+00:00 still no luck. Thanks!