I have followed all on these steps on a Think Pad T14 running the latest version of Windows 11 and the microphone still refuses to work.
Airpods pro mic not working on windows 11
Hi there,
since more or less one week my airpods pro mic doesn't work anymore on windows 11.
If I go on Sound>properties>input settings the format is empty and the volume is on 0.
any idea what's going wrong?
thanks a lot
Best
Daniele
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-09-27T19:24:25+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-08-29T12:57:51+00:00 thanks for the suggestions...still no luck!
sorry to hear, i was able to replicate this on another system, important, remove alle Airpods related in system-manager under
Audi/Video and game-controllers and there is a section Audio in/out
last one, all within section Bluetooth
reset airpods, reboot system, add new
check for latest bluetooth driver from your vendor , Intel for example should be higher as 200 Wireless Bluetooth-Paket® Version 22.200.0
-
Anonymous
2023-08-28T13:24:54+00:00 thanks for the suggestions...still no luck!
-
Anonymous
2023-08-28T12:38:20+00:00 I put this in another thread about the same subject but the last time I tested, it worked normally and the mic functioned as expected. No special procedure was necessary. The problem has only happened prior with the AirPods Pro Gen 2.
Intel Bluetooth driver version 22.240.0.2
Windows 11 version 22621.2215
One strange thing I noticed, was when the voice recorder was active, the audio output was louder than when I turned that off.
-
Anonymous
2023-08-28T12:20:29+00:00 3 sets of Apple Airpods this worked in some way
remove all drivers related Airpods!
reboot Win11
reset Airpods
pair new
(please try to make sure the case is not connected via cable with your system) i am still testing on this one
do not close the lid of charging-case - if possible
kits a nightmare and seem MS wants we all order new sets of Teams-certified Headsets and seems Apple is not talking with Microsoft
IT recommended to use cable headset - back to the future ;)