Airpods pro mic not working on windows 11

Anonymous
2023-05-03T09:14:29+00:00

Hi there,

since more or less one week my airpods pro mic doesn't work anymore on windows 11.

If I go on Sound>properties>input settings the format is empty and the volume is on 0.

any idea what's going wrong?

thanks a lot

Best

Daniele

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T04:11:25+00:00

    It's freshly installed, the output works fine but mic doesn't work in my case.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T03:42:53+00:00

    Windows 11 was upgraded or freshly installed? my observation if windows 11 is upgraded from older version of windows - Airpods MIC does not work correctly - I was not able to pinpoint it :( but airpods mic works good on windows 11.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T01:27:02+00:00

    Microphone still not works, is there any solution?
    I have the newest version of hardware for airpods and newest version for windows11. I can hear voice but no microphone input.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-31T23:48:25+00:00

    I had a similar issue connecting my iPod Pro 2 to my Windows 11 laptop with mic and speaker functions. This was important to me as I wanted to use my iPods for video conferencing (we use Google Meet) since I work in a noisy office environment. The iPod Pro 2 have phenomenal / best-in-class noise cancelation technology, especially for other nearby conversations.

    After going through various posts related to this issue, I realized that the problem is due to my laptop's internal Bluetooth standard being inadequate to support iPod Pro 2 output and input functionalities.

    I solved the problem by purchasing an external USB Bluetooth Adapter that supports the latest USB 5.3 standard: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BL3BTVFJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

    I just installed this external adapter, and my iPods finally work!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-13T03:37:49+00:00

    should be - but your new drivers would be active even if you install back old drivers.
    some incompatibility with win10 and win11 - Bluetooth drivers.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments