Airpods pro mic not working on windows 11

Anonymous
2023-05-03T09:14:29+00:00

Hi there,

since more or less one week my airpods pro mic doesn't work anymore on windows 11.

If I go on Sound>properties>input settings the format is empty and the volume is on 0.

any idea what's going wrong?

thanks a lot

Best

Daniele

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T18:56:49+00:00

    On personal PC it's easy, on corporate PC it's a different story.

    You click on button upgrade to windows 11 ENTREPRISE, end of choices.

    :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T15:24:01+00:00

    My experience with upgrade it does not work, install windows 11 from scratch :(

    whats the difference only microsoft knows or apple knows about it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-01-19T14:42:16+00:00

    I have AirPod pro 2- USB-C and it does not work, since I upgraded to windows 11 entreprise version on a Surface pro 7 + around 1 December 2023.

    Sounds ok, mic disables'd/grey out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T04:53:49+00:00

    As you say its freshly installed - no other comments from me :(

    For me - I installed freshly - windows 11 - updated all windows drivers and etc - no updates pending.

    Then I have installed only Apple Airpod as a bluetooth device - no other bluetooth device installed on my laptop - as I am nore dependent on it for my all calls and its working good since then.

    Before I had same problem.

    As in some comments I read Apple Airpods not work with windows 11 I was completely disappointed and cursed apple/microsoft.

    but then with above workaround as it is working - Happy and last 6 months restricted to install any other bluetooth device on my laptop - as I need Apple Airpods the most compared to anything else.
    For no no other Bluetooth gives so clear voice feel as good as apple airpods.
    GOOD LUCK...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-11T04:17:47+00:00

    Im adding to this - ive tried 2 different types of airpods and Samsung galaxy pods. Same issue.

    Output works but Mic does not.

    Have removed and reinstalled all audio and chipset drives. Fresh install of 22H3

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments