It is activated and turned off in your on screen monitor setting. Simples really.............
There is a red target like a scope crosshair in the middle of my screen.
Cannot turn it off. I can move it around but that's it. It overlays over anything on the screen.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-10-04T13:07:34+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-10-03T13:13:02+00:00 I had this exact problem and usually it is the monitor not the actual pc itself. Try pressing the buttons on your monitor and see if it works? That is how I fixed it.
-
Anonymous
2024-07-18T19:07:26+00:00 I have a Samsung OLED neo 55"
Go the TV settings and select "All Settings" - scroll all the way to the right to get to this
A menu should appear. With these options
picture
sound
connection,
broadcasting
general & privacy
support.
Select connection.
In connection locate and select game mode settings
There is a setting called virtual aim point.
Turn virtual aim point OFF.
That took care of it for me
-
Anonymous
2024-07-16T17:01:59+00:00 I also own an MSi Raider, but am not a gamer, I'm in VM and software testing.
Your talented cat stepped on FN + F6.
Tap FN + F6 again to remove it.
The F6 key on my keyboard even has a target on it.It's for gamers who want accurate shots on weapons without a scope.
Also if you read down a bit someone heard their fans going full blast : FN + F8
In case the laptop is cooking but the thermostat does not detect it,
you can kick up the fan to high manually. -
Anonymous
2024-07-16T16:58:45+00:00 If you own an MSi, your talented cat stepped on FN + F6.
Tap FN + F6 again to remove it.The F6 key on my keyboard even has a target on it.
It's for gamers who want accurate shots on weapons without a scope.Also if you read down a bit someone heard their fans going full blast : FN + F8
In case the laptop is cooking but the thermostat does not detect it,
you can kick up the fan to high manually.