There is a red target like a scope crosshair in the middle of my screen.

Anonymous
2023-05-01T01:23:39+00:00

Cannot turn it off. I can move it around but that's it. It overlays over anything on the screen.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-01T02:45:55+00:00

    Last night. My car walked on the keyboard when I was across the room. When I looked that red target was showing. I cannot right click it. I can move it around. I don't have any apps running other than Chrome and my antivirus. My system works fine it just had this target/scope overlay. I can move it out of the way but it's still there. I have never seen it before and I've been a Windows user since Windows 3.0. 😉

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T18:19:02+00:00

    Yes. I have a curved AOC monitor purchased in 2023 C24G1 AND I GOT THE RED CIRCLE in the center of the monitor when I was making adjustments to the monitor's brightness and features. I searched for the creation of it without finding anything. What worked for me was unplugging the monitor and restarting it a couple of minutes later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-05-01T01:59:10+00:00

    Hello Donald,

    Good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

    When was the last time it worked properly? Have you tried restarting your computer? What is the exact make and model of your monitor?

    Please check if there is a way to turn it off in your monitor menu

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-15T15:55:36+00:00

    My cat must've enabled crosshairs on my keyboard when I left the home this morning. I came here to state that the simplest way in which I was able to remove the crosshairs was this:

    Press and hold down FN on the keyboard and hit arrow right twice on the keyboard, then lift up, then press and hold FN again and hit arrow left. On my keyboard, the FN button and the Up, Down, Left, Right buttons are on the bottom righthand side of my keyboard. It removed the crosshairs immediately without having to reboot or close out any windows or tabs.

    I'm running Windows 11 on a Pulse GL66 laptop with no external monitor. Hope this helps someone else in a bind!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-05-02T00:11:52+00:00

    Hello Donald,

    You're most welcome. I'm glad tgo help.

    Stay safe and have a great day.

    Kind regards,

    John DeV

    Independent Advisor

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments