That minidump file also did not list a specific driver, but one thing I did note is in most of your minidump files, the software to control RGB lighting is indicated, try uninstalling that software and then wait to see if your system is stable.
Please help with my BSODS. I cannot get away from them!
Hi all.
Had this machine for a couple years.
The specs are listed below:
Operating System Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 49 °C Matisse 7nm Technology
RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 3600MHz (18-22-22-42)
Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (AM4) 30 °C
Graphics S2719DGF (2560x1440@155Hz) DELL S2721HSX (1080x1920@60Hz) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (Gigabyte) 46 °C
Storage 931GB SanDisk SSD PLUS 1000GB (SATA (SSD)) 26 °C 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZRX-00L4HB0 (SATA ) 24 °C 238GB 256GB PCS 2.5" SSD (SATA (SSD)) 40 °C 238GB M Series NVMe SSD 256G
I keep getting random blue screens at random times and I cannot for the life of me figure out the problem. The BSOD I get are:
- IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the driver error in stack is "ntoskrnl.exe+44fa00"
- KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED ntoskrnl.exe
- SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bfs.sys
I have had a few BSODS since getting the machine and they're not always the same message though this is the most common.
I have tried the following:
- Both SFC and Dism commands on the local machine, and on a repair disk (No errors on both)
- Windows Memory Diagnostic and Memtest86 (No errors on both)
- Reinstalled Windows (Fixed for a short time)
- Reseated GPU
- Reseated RAM
- Updated Drivers
- Flashed BIOS with newest version (now OOD)
- Checked Temps
- Stress tested CPU and GPU.
I have all the latest drivers installed, and I have updated BIOS a few times hoping this would resolve the problem. I have ran SFC and DISM commands, and even re-installed Windows.
I just don't know what could be causing this, and funnily enough it doesn't seem to happen when I game (So far) it only ever happens if I am doing something random, or sometimes it will chain BSOD if it reboots and and I don't straight away start using my machine... like if it's left on the log in screen it would sometimes do it.
But it's perhaps once ever few days, or 3 times a day depending on it's mood.
Please help, I can provide any info necessary.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-05-29T08:16:38+00:00 Morning,
I managed to get it done very quickly just now.
Funnily enough I was getting BSOD's trying to get into the recovery environment for a few minutes.
Managed to get in, and have added a new dump to the folder I shared with you previously.
It said no settings were changed on the first command, and wanted to reboot after the second.
-
Anonymous
2023-05-29T07:55:13+00:00 thank you.
I will try and do this, this afternoon if not tomorrow!
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-05-28T17:23:54+00:00 Thank you for the screenshot, that seems to indicate that is a Windows system driver, even though research indicates it is belonging to Quick Heal security and no mention that is it associated to Windows, very strange!
To try to force Windows 11 show any faulting drivers, the best option would be to turn on Driver Verifier, let your PC crash 3 times, then you must turn off Driver Verifier, and finally, upload any newly created minidump files
Before you run Driver Verifier, please create a new System Restore Point
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...
Note, if you have any difficulty getting into Windows with Driver Verifier enabled:
Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down
Do this twice
On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt... etc.
Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Startup Settings and click Restart
Upon restart, press 4 to enter Safe Mode
Open Command Prompt as Administrator and run these two commands, then restart your PC.
verifier /reset
verifier /bootmode resetonbootfail