Hey everyone. I've rolled back to Windows 10 and I haven't a problem in a month since then. I recommend if you can, return back to Windows 10. And does anybody know if this bug has been fixed or addressed by Microsoft?
Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive when gaming
I recently got a new prebuilt PC, and within a week of redownloading all my files and games from my previous PC, the computer continuously freezes and becomes completely unresponsive when gaming. It happens at random times and seems to differ between games. I have done everything I possibly can to remedy this issue, from scanning and repairing drivers, drives, reseating my GPU and RAM, installing HW monitor to ensure my temps are not skyrocketing and the voltage/wattage is sufficient, going into BIOS to make sure nothing is overclocked and the RAM is set to the correct MHz, running the windows memory diagnostic tool, etc. Everything that has been posted on youtube and other forums, I am almost positive I have tried. Absolutely nothing works and no matter what I do, the freezes keep occurring. The strange thing is when my PC becomes unresponsive, I can still hear my friends continuing to talk in discord but they cannot hear me. I am not sure what else to do about this other than to seek help here or to return the PC and just build another one on my own.
Specs:
RTX Nvidia 4090
13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900k, 3000 Mhz, 24 cores
32.0 GB Kingston 2400 MHz memory DDR4
ASUS PRIME Z790-P WIFI D4
2TB NVme M.2 SSD
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-03-21T17:53:09+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-03-20T01:09:24+00:00 Has anyone rolled back to windows 10 with this issue? My issue also started in the December timeframe when I moved from Widows 11 home to Windows 11 Pro. I'm about to pull the trigger to go back to 10.
I cannot install Windows 11 Home, because it will not recognize TPM2.0 module. Despite toggling PTT and clearing TPP settings in the BIOS, and clearing the bios & replacing the low power battery. This has to be a recent thing, since I am running Win 11 Pro now....
Not sure if this is a part of the bug or not?
Has Anyone else lost their Security module in Windows 11 pro on this machine?
-
Anonymous
2024-03-18T21:15:40+00:00 I'm running a similar Dell system and have done all of the above. Recently if down loaded the MS PC Manager and have been ending the MS Edge task and it seems to help some. Thinking about just uninstalling Edge alltogether to see how it does without it.
-
Anonymous
2024-03-13T12:38:08+00:00 I have been turning off Microsoft Edge and it seems to be helping. Or at least slowing the problem down. Not sure it the issue but it has helped the past few days.
-
Anonymous
2024-03-05T18:18:25+00:00 Same here. Machine is a 2021 Dell XPS. Problem began late 2023. Windows randomly stops responding to mouse or keyboard, sometimes several times a day. Open programmes seem to keep running but Windows is impervious to inputs. Only way to regain control is to force a restart by holding down the PC power button.
Have tried checking RAM and doing a clean reinstall Windows but problem persists. Hugely annoying as well as causing loss of work at times. Feels like Microsoft are powerless to cure it.