How to PERMANENTLY disable Handsfree Telephony for a bluetooth device in Windows 11?

Anonymous
2023-06-15T02:37:19+00:00

I need to disable Handsfree Telephony to make my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones work in MS Teams (as resolved in this thread).

But, the setting keeps being enabled again - possibly during reboot or bluetooth re-connection.

Is there a way to PERMANENTLY disable the setting for this device?

Aside: I'm open to a fix in powershell if anyone knows the API calls for toggling the setting based on BT connection trigger.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T16:24:15+00:00

    Thank you good sir!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T18:52:37+00:00

    Same issue. As soon as I restart my PC, I have to do this method every time.

    Is there a fix for this? Way to disable handsfree telephony all together permanently?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-25T08:25:13+00:00

    I tried using both meathods but eitherway as soon as i restart my pc the hands free telephony is back and enabled again, do you have any idea what could cause this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-07-26T22:54:21+00:00

    thank you very much, this solved the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-07-23T10:30:40+00:00

    This has saved me from going back to Windows 10 for the second time. Thank you very much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments