How to PERMANENTLY disable Handsfree Telephony for a bluetooth device in Windows 11?

Anonymous
2023-06-15T02:37:19+00:00

I need to disable Handsfree Telephony to make my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones work in MS Teams (as resolved in this thread).

But, the setting keeps being enabled again - possibly during reboot or bluetooth re-connection.

Is there a way to PERMANENTLY disable the setting for this device?

Aside: I'm open to a fix in powershell if anyone knows the API calls for toggling the setting based on BT connection trigger.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-08-12T05:07:21+00:00

    Thank you so much. This worked for me. I was struggling with this problem for so long! Works like a charm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-15T22:38:57+00:00

    I found the troublesome driver in Device Manager under Sound, video and game controllers. I right clicked on the hands free line and selected disable. Haven't tested yet to see if it is enabled again after a restart.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-29T12:17:25+00:00

    hey i have a problem when i press Devices and printers it opens up settings how do i fix this

    go to bluetooth and devices, click view more device, scroll down to more devices and printers, that will take you back to control panel and where you want to go. i don't know why they made you go through settings to do that but they did

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-15T22:28:06+00:00

    This is what I've been looking for! Thanks a million! 😁

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-05-11T20:34:01+00:00

    Yes, Thankyou so much. not sure why the option for telephony is there in the first place.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments