Turn off tablet mode on windows 11

Anonymous
2023-08-10T22:35:50+00:00

Hi guys, I simply need to turn off the Tablet mode. I have found that Windows has removed that setting in the switch to Windows 11.. Ok I nice when things are intuative and so... but I simply need a way to switch it off. So many times it happens that I slightly shake with the laptop and it starts crazily switching between tablet and normal mode... So I can not use the laptop for some time, the keybord keeps disconecting, icons are disappearion, douchpad disabeling... I spend so much time uselesly moving my screen up and down... people around must be thinking that I am an idiot trying to make a fan from my laptop in this heat... Somewhere I found that I can switch off rotation lock... but guess what.. it is disabled and grey in my settings... when I ask for help, the laptop shows me an easy way to switch the tablet mode in the action centre... great job windows... only that the help shows settings for Windows 10.. I have 11.... Any other idea to solve this problem then buying a MAC??

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 269.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-08-11T14:50:53+00:00

    You are welcome.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-11T10:38:43+00:00

    Perfect, thank you! Now it does misbehave less.. though still sometimes switch the modes.... so strange... but at least I can use it now! I really appreciate it :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-04T14:02:02+00:00

    I second this - during the new gaming laptop installation I opted to copy settings/backup from previous laptop that was 2-in-1 and I got new one stuck in tablet/touch mode?! Taskbar settings to remove optimization for touch is functional, but File Explorer does not have anything to get rid of checkboxes next to filenames, and it added virtual keyboard to task bar as well, who knows what else.

    Anyway, this worked for me - regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\PriorityControl

    add DWORD key named ConvertibleSlateMode

    add value 1

    No more File Explorer checkboxes, no more virtual keyboard.

    I checked my old 2-in-1 has this key in regedit, new one did not have it since it is probably not needed as it is not touch enabled.

    I say this is a bug in windows installation.

    Hello yes, this WORKED . But as im using a gaming tabet, (asus rog ally) without any inbuilt keyboard. The virtual keyboard is a must for me. So have you found any work around to disable checkboxes without disabling the virtual keyboard?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-05-31T13:51:44+00:00

    Hello,

    Are you doing this action with Windows 11 Home? :

    Go to Computer Management, Device Manager, and under System Devices, right click Intel Integrated Sensor Solution and click Disable.

    Cant seen to find this option (im using windows 11 home

    thx

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-12-11T03:25:28+00:00

    There is no second screen. I’m talking about my laptop screen and laptop keyboard…

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments