What about the original issue -- i.e..., runtime error 5. Is it resolved?
By the way, have you uploaded fixlog.txt?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
hi,
i downloaded official windows 11 iso and made a bootable usb with ventoy and installed
it on my laptop.but when rebooting laptop gives following error message.plz help fix it.
cAdd
Rin-time error 5:
invalid procedure call or argument
ok
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
What about the original issue -- i.e..., runtime error 5. Is it resolved?
By the way, have you uploaded fixlog.txt?
Since the original issue is resolved, I'd suggest closing this question.
For the Windows 11 setup issue, please post a new question and share the link to that thread here. Will surely look into it.
Media Creation Tool downloads the consumer ISO by default, when used in GUI mode.
By the way, have you uploaded fixlog.txt?
Also, upload "c:$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setupact.log"
though I used Vintoy but I downloaded the iso from the official Microsoft website.
Hi, I am Dave, I will help you with this.
Using Ventoy to create the bootable USB can cause a corrupt installation, it is much better to use the official Microsoft Media Creation Tool to create the bootable USB.
Try booting into the Recovery Environment and perform a reset from in there, to stabilize the Windows installation.
Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down
Do this twice
On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt... etc.
Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Options - Reset this PC
Choose to keep nothing
Then start the Reset