What is a phone number to talk with someone in support
How to unlock a device i locked
* * Mod note: Brought here by a search? See the possible solution by ArthurNOL on page 4 of this thread. It helped a few people.
I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site (which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account). The message shown in my laptop after entering my PIN is as follows: “An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the internet, and have your administrator sign in first”. My device (the laptop which is locked) is connected to the internet and i have signed into my Microsoft account using my phone., But this message is still shown after countless time’s restarting my laptop.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-12-19T14:51:42+00:00 -
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2024-01-08T22:06:21+00:00 ON THE DEVICE YOU LOCK, USE YOUR MICROSOFT PASSWORD TO UNLOCK IT
-
Anonymous
2024-01-09T21:41:12+00:00 I still can’t unlock it. I’ve done every step possible and I still keep getting the admin needs to log in first and I am the admin. No matter what steps I take I still get the admin needs to log in. I work from home and all of my information I need ison my desktop and I can’t put it in another device.
-
Anonymous
2024-01-27T06:30:35+00:00 I don't see UNLOCK option. I can only see lock option. I am so frustrated. My email is ******@hotmail.com can you please help. I have very important data on that PC.