Its now march 13th, 2024 and i am also having this same isue.. and with all the time that has passed and after trying countless different methods suggested nothing has worked.. i am now being forced to whipe everything and lose all my work and files.. good job Microsoft good job
How to unlock a device i locked
* * Mod note: Brought here by a search? See the possible solution by ArthurNOL on page 4 of this thread. It helped a few people.
I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site (which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account). The message shown in my laptop after entering my PIN is as follows: “An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the internet, and have your administrator sign in first”. My device (the laptop which is locked) is connected to the internet and i have signed into my Microsoft account using my phone., But this message is still shown after countless time’s restarting my laptop.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2024-03-14T00:22:59+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-03-04T15:36:53+00:00 I cannot see unclok option in find my device
-
Anonymous
2024-02-28T21:40:23+00:00 I had the same problem and had to search a while for a solution that worked. It's crazy that Microsoft dares to release such a feature in this state.
Anyway, the solution I found goes as follows.
- From the lock screen. Click on Restart while holding shift.
- Go to Troubleshoot > System Restore
- A window should open where (hopefully) a version of windows will be shown from before you locked your pc. Reverting to this should "unlock" your pc (you still need to unlock the normal way) and you don't lose your files or apps.
Hope this helps! I'm not a computer expert so don't think that I can help any further. Good luck!
-
Anonymous
2024-02-21T22:38:17+00:00 same problem here, i don´t understand why there is such an option (lock device) if it doesn´t work properly as to unlock it, it really is frustating and time consuming, and now i´m going to lose all my files
-
Anonymous
2024-02-12T22:38:25+00:00 There is still no answer from the Microsoft team to answer this question after 6 months. This is unacceptable, I cannot afford to reinstall windows because I have data on that computer. You added a lock function and gave no way to unlock the device. Please answer this thread so that we can all get our computers back. Like everyone has said multiple times, there is is only a the lock button that remains after it is locked and no unlock button is present in the find my device tab. How do we unlock the computer???