How to unlock a device i locked

Anonymous
2023-08-21T20:01:07+00:00

* * Mod note: Brought here by a search? See the possible solution by ArthurNOL on page 4 of this thread. It helped a few people.

I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site (which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account). The message shown in my laptop after entering my PIN is as follows: “An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the internet, and have your administrator sign in first”. My device (the laptop which is locked) is connected to the internet and i have signed into my Microsoft account using my phone., But this message is still shown after countless time’s restarting my laptop.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T12:11:00+00:00

    Hello,

    If you locked your device using the “Find My Device” feature on the Microsoft website, you can unlock it by following these steps:

    1. Go to the [Microsoft account website] and sign in with the same Microsoft account you used to lock the device.
    2. Click on the “Devices” tab at the top of the page.
    3. Find the device you locked and click on “Show details”.
    4. Click on “Find my device” and then click on “Unlock”.

    If you’re still having trouble unlocking your device, please let me know.

    I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions

    Cristiana

    I want to reset my screen lock time

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T00:26:00+00:00

    my Samsung phone came back from Vodafone repair and its has an login for Microsoft and some administrator has locked it ive told them this but they just keep sending me replacements all the same. is there any way of opinging my phone and bypassing the microsoft login as i dont use microsft

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-17T16:34:00+00:00

    Greetings,

    I have the same problem and I was not able to solve it, as you mentioned, because the unlock does not appear

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T02:20:20+00:00

    Yeah all this hassle for Microsofts incompetence.. i just took the Loss and wiped everything

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T02:13:20+00:00

    I was told they could send a tech for $255. I said all he will do is just change some numbers around so why cant’t I do it and he said if it was possible for me to do it I wouldn’t be talking with him. I’m going to take mine to the Geek Suad in Best Buy. I was told if it under and hour to fix it’s not as expensive as everyone thinks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments