How to unlock a device i locked

Anonymous
2023-08-21T20:01:07+00:00

* * Mod note: Brought here by a search? See the possible solution by ArthurNOL on page 4 of this thread. It helped a few people.

I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site (which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account). The message shown in my laptop after entering my PIN is as follows: “An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the internet, and have your administrator sign in first”. My device (the laptop which is locked) is connected to the internet and i have signed into my Microsoft account using my phone., But this message is still shown after countless time’s restarting my laptop.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-08T15:40:16+00:00

    Hi - im having the same problem this user was having. Im attaching pictures - how do I access my computer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-03T23:43:52+00:00

    Still can't unlock my device, I've already tried all other methods listed in forum and I can't even contact customer support--how do I call someone about this?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T17:35:51+00:00

    I wrong click remove device how to get it back n unlock?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more