unlocking option is not showing
How to unlock a device i locked
* * Mod note: Brought here by a search? See the possible solution by ArthurNOL on page 4 of this thread. It helped a few people.
I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site (which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account). The message shown in my laptop after entering my PIN is as follows: “An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the internet, and have your administrator sign in first”. My device (the laptop which is locked) is connected to the internet and i have signed into my Microsoft account using my phone., But this message is still shown after countless time’s restarting my laptop.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
53 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-10-07T07:05:37+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-09-06T12:11:28+00:00 Mobile phone. It pc that is locked. Ive now pressed the remove device thinkint it may unlock pc but it jist left me with no way sorting it.not sure how add photo
-
Anonymous
2023-12-01T14:08:35+00:00 i find the one that says locked but nothing shows for unlock
-
Anonymous
2023-10-03T17:20:44+00:00 The problem I was a victim of a scam, it appeared on my computer with a very loud sound saying that my computer is affected by a virus and that I should call the number so that my computer could be unlocked, I tried to look for the phone numbers, but they were not registered as a scam. Taking advantage of desperation and not having contact as HP support at that moment, I spoke with a woman with a phone number that appear in my screen, I was thinking HP support agreed to help me and where I implemented an ultra Viers program where you run the risk of having control of the computer. where they manipulate you through fear, to conclude when they told me to have to give access to my private information like my bank account, I immediately hung up the call and logged out my computer. Be careful not to fall for this scam,
-
Anonymous
2023-09-11T15:21:19+00:00 I reformatted the device