How to unlock a device i locked

Anonymous
2023-08-21T20:01:07+00:00

* * Mod note: Brought here by a search? See the possible solution by ArthurNOL on page 4 of this thread. It helped a few people.

I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site (which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account). The message shown in my laptop after entering my PIN is as follows: “An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the internet, and have your administrator sign in first”. My device (the laptop which is locked) is connected to the internet and i have signed into my Microsoft account using my phone., But this message is still shown after countless time’s restarting my laptop.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-09-01T15:27:14+00:00

    I done that but it dowsnt say unlockonly lock. But the pc still showing administration message

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-02T19:34:43+00:00

    I had success by resetting my laptop. It would have been quicker if there was an unlock button present though.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-05T19:04:49+00:00

    I have the same problem. I really don't want to reset my laptop.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-29T17:27:59+00:00

    There is no unlock option in my device

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-10-20T11:14:13+00:00

    There is no unlock button - I have used another computer obviously because I can't get into the one I locked, also used my my phone! I originally locked it on the computer I was on.... I DO NOT want to reset my computer to factory reset. There has to be a way for you guys to fix this - it is in your system.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments