I have done this multiple times :( at least 3 times. Do you think I need to replace the motherboard or something? I'm getting kind of desperate at this point lol. I just find it weird that it only reboots when it's idle - if I'm gaming or browsing the web, it's totally fine. But I can leave it running and go run an errand, and when I get back, it's at the login screen because it's rebooted.
Random Restarts When Idle
My computer keeps randomly restarting when left idle for a bit. I have attached my .dmp files.
Assistance would be greatly appreciated!
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ZGwHST52tMmk0JeDmp37KhZA1E0kaT57?usp=drive_link
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-08-23T12:31:31+00:00 -
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-08-23T12:21:05+00:00 If MemTest86 did not produce errors, your RAM is okay and does not need to be replaced.
It may be time to consider clean installing Windows to rule out system corruption.
-
Anonymous
2023-08-23T12:15:14+00:00 Ah okay, shoot. Well I ran this (https://www.memtest86.com/) yesterday, it took roughly 5 hours and it returned no errors.
Should I just go buy 4 sticks of new RAM?
-
DaveM121 935.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor2023-08-23T12:09:05+00:00 If you have not manually set up overclocking or an XMP profile on your PC, then they are not set.
I honestly think there is a problem with your RAM, I understand that was tested already, but I don't know what method they used, think it needs to be tested with MemTest86.
-
Anonymous
2023-08-23T12:06:14+00:00 Darn! No VM or emulator at all - I don't believe I overclocked my processor, how can I check? Wouldn't that be something pretty intentional?
I'm also not sure what an XMP profile is