PC restarts randomly with no BSOD

Anonymous
2023-09-05T03:04:47+00:00

My PC restarts randomly with no BSOD or anything. Just a black screen and straight restart. This has been happening consistently for 2 days, but has happened like 1-2 times before that as well. It's out lf control now, however. 

Today, my PC was consistently restarting around 2-3 minutes after booting up and arriving to desktop. I reinstalled windows ("dirty" install) and the frequency dropped but it's still happening randomly.

It mostly happens with games, like halfway into a MW2 Multiplayer or CSGO match or in the Starfield menu (but Starfield has been having such issues anyway). However, this is not exclusive and the PC does restart at any point when not in game, although it does take significantly longer to do so when I'm just browsing or doing anything other than playing. 

I thought reinstalling Windows 10 would fix it but well, it didn't. There are a few different errors in the event log that are causing the "kernel" event that basically means the PC was restarted but not in the proper way, but we already know that. 

Need help, people. I'll provide anything I can to help. 

MSI 6600XT

Ryzen 5 5600

Asrock B450M

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4 3000 mhz

Corsair VS450

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-27T11:25:29+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-07T02:09:00+00:00

    this is my dmp file link i hope i can get an answer soon
    dmp

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-07T02:07:47+00:00

    yo having the same issue , recently my pc can run normally for the most part but whenever a new app or game is used there is the probability it will crash , for the most part it crashes when i close a game
    my temp is very high which i thought was the issue ( just by using my browser + discord it keeps around 55c, whenver its a game it can be from 60 all the way up to 71)my country is facing a heat wave so i thought that was just normal at this point
    i made a copy of my dmp files as a post suggested and didnt know if anyone knew how anything about them any info that could help
    dmp

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T17:54:43+00:00

    I'm glad your problem has been found, unfortunately for me, it does not apply to me because I've tried this with another Case, and it still happened.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-28T20:22:29+00:00

    I have the same Problem, and it just does even while being idle on desktop running nothing than OS.

    I've put the recent Mini dumb files in the link. Appreciate any help and thank you in advance.

    Minidumb

    Specs

    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor, 3701 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)

    MSI B450 GAMING PLUS MAX (MS-7B86)

    Kingston 48,0 GB Ram (2x16 - 2x8)

    Radeon RX 5500 XT

    PSU 650W

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments