My new WIn 11 computer is missing the Microsoft Store App?!

Anonymous
2023-08-05T02:34:02+00:00

Bought a new, Win 11 computer last month. Now I notice there is no Micorsoft Store app on it. Every Microsoft Store app link fails, saying I need to download a new app to read the link. Windows Update says my computer is up-to-date. Only way I can install anything is to download an installer.

To clarify:

  • Yes, this is a new computer.
  • Yes, I went through setup 100%, went through the required updates before I put anything on here
  • Yes, I have checked the Installed Apps. The Microsoft Store app does NOT SHOW UP there.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-08-05T03:06:38+00:00

Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.

**Reset the Microsoft Store cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box,

type wsreset.exe -i

and then select OK.

Note:

A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close, and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

**Reinstall the Microsoft Store app

Press Windows key + X

Click and Run Windows Terminal (Admin)

Copy and paste the command below then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your computer.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV

Independent Advisor

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-05T06:51:38+00:00

    First, run the command. It may take a few seconds to complete in the background, so you won’t see immediate results. Wait about five minutes, then run the same command again. If you receive an error message or it says it cannot be found, proceed to the next step.

    Restart your computer and log in as usual.

    Once you’re logged in, open Command Prompt again and run the initial command. You should receive an error message—if so, that’s expected!

    Close the Command Prompt window. Next, go to the Start menu and look for the Microsoft Store. It may appear as a color logo bag or in white, which usually means it is uninstalled. If you select it (only once), it may take a couple of minutes to install in the background. After a few minutes, try opening it again—it should work now.

    Why does Microsoft Store installation take so long, even with a 100GB fiber connection? It’s unclear, but with patience, it should start working eventually.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-09T06:54:46+00:00

    Correct, I ran into the same issue. I performed a reboot, which may have included some updates. After logging in, the app should appear after a few minutes. When I found the app, I started it, and it took about 5 minutes to reinstall with an internet connection. Once it finally opened, I was able to install apps.

    If you run the command prompt again, you might encounter the same error message, as if the app is not there. However, it should appear after a reboot with an internet connection.

    This was tested on a Windows 10 Home and Pro, i dont see why 11 and pro would not work the same.,

    what are your specs your trying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-06-10T18:16:39+00:00

    Did not work for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-24T18:41:44+00:00

    1. ran wsreset.exe -i (blank screen then the window closed but MS Store did not open)

    1. stopped Microsoft Store Install Service (running--reinstall Store App script encountered error due to MS Store running)

    2. terminal (admin) reinstalled MS Store App

    3. restart

    RESULTS:

    1. Microsoft Store App is still NOT listed under Settings/Apps/Installed Apps

    any other advice would be welcome. tku

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments