My new WIn 11 computer is missing the Microsoft Store App?!

Anonymous
2023-08-05T02:34:02+00:00

Bought a new, Win 11 computer last month. Now I notice there is no Micorsoft Store app on it. Every Microsoft Store app link fails, saying I need to download a new app to read the link. Windows Update says my computer is up-to-date. Only way I can install anything is to download an installer.

To clarify:

  • Yes, this is a new computer.
  • Yes, I went through setup 100%, went through the required updates before I put anything on here
  • Yes, I have checked the Installed Apps. The Microsoft Store app does NOT SHOW UP there.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
John DeV 170.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-08-05T03:06:38+00:00

Hi, good day! I'm John Dev a Windows user like you and I'll be happy to assist you today. I know this has been difficult for you, Rest assured, I'm going to do my best to help you.

Please let me know if you have tried the methods below.

**Reset the Microsoft Store cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box,

type wsreset.exe -i

and then select OK.

Note:

A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close, and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

**Reinstall the Microsoft Store app

Press Windows key + X

Click and Run Windows Terminal (Admin)

Copy and paste the command below then hit Enter:

Get-AppXPackage *WindowsStore* -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Restart your computer.

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Kind regards,

John DeV

Independent Advisor

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-04T16:52:37+00:00

    After I've done the following steps regarding Windows Firewall, MS Store came back:

    Windows Firewall 0x800706d9 - Microsoft Community

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-08-28T06:34:57+00:00

    Thank you. That was so useful for me now. It helped

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-08-27T18:58:12+00:00

    Hi John, thank you so much for the advice, it all worked out

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-08-17T13:58:43+00:00

    After how many attempts on recovering this problem, I finally found this answer. At first, I did the first option, but no Microsoft App opened. Then I proceeded to the 2nd option, thinking what to do next I go back to the 1st step, then after a few seconds the Microsoft Store opened. FINALLY! Such a wonderful relief. Thank you so much for sharing and helping me out. May God Blesses your skills.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments