Windows Update ERROR

Anonymous
2023-08-05T06:53:29+00:00

Greetings

Last night i updated windows 11 and i got an error,

Windows Intelligence Update

Install Error 0x80070057

I am unable to complete the update no matter what, i have tried restarting the PC as well but no good.

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-12T22:02:47+00:00

    Thank for this. This finally solved this issue on my Windows insider canary latest build.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-12T06:07:19+00:00

    Great. This one worked for me. Thanks for sharing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-12T05:43:52+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-12T04:08:01+00:00

    I agree totally. I thus did a system image backup before hand and then restored back afterwards. The bad news is that sure enough the problem came back, of course. However, as I am typing this a few hours later the problem has silently resolved itself in the background and my WU is now error free.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-08-12T02:05:55+00:00

    solved for me,

    with this code in cmd:

    cd %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender
    

    MpCmdRun.exe -removedefinitions -dynamicsignatures

    MpCmdRun.exe -SignatureUpdate

    Thank you, this actually worked indeed

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments