Try this:
Download and install this Update:
Restart the PC when prompted.
After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.
When done restart the pc again.
Greetings
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Failed to Install KB5001716 Error 0x80070643
I am unable to install this update. I start with the basic options of restarting and trying but it has now lasted for quite some time.
I have tried clearing the whole cache of windows update as per the guide by Seema-Bharti here how to clear windows update cache - Microsoft Community
However the failed update just reoccurs on reboot when I restart windows update service.
Os I tried to install it manually from the microsoft catalog. However, the exact KB5001716 cannot be found.
The closest match I found was Microsoft Update Catalog
When I download this, I downloaded the very bottom one, windows 10 and later GDR I cannot find an option to install it just expands into more and more files.
What do I do to clear this bad update?
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Try this:
Download and install this Update:
Restart the PC when prompted.
After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.
When done restart the pc again.
Greetings
I can confirm the inplace Upgrade does not work to resolve this.
Had an online Microsoft officer try the inplace upgrade as well and it will not update.
The issue with this update is that it errors when downloading so install is never attempted.
This issue resolved when the latest major upgrade for Windows 10 came thru. It didn't install the update however the update was removed from the updates to install after the major update had completed
Installing the Windows automated update to 22H2 results in the following ubiquitous message after several automatic reboots.
However, installing the update via the link provided by Tekkie Boy does work. Now testing if KB50001716 still fails.
Well, here's a fine example of the "Power of the Pen". While the good news is that the offending KB shows as having installed successfully its only appearance is from back on the original successful 10/11 date. All the fails that had appeared post 10/11 have 'disappeared' from the Update History.
"Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along."
Sigh...
I've installed the above update and then resume Windows Update and the issue still happens. The situation is sitll the same. It has installed 2023-10 version of KB5001716 already while it continuously tries to install 2023-05 version of KB5001716. Could you please help?
Try this:
Download and install this Update:
Restart the PC when prompted.
After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.
When done restart the pc again.
Greetings
Hey there, tried your solution and it works.
Thank you
That issue was really annoying me.