Failed to Install KB5001716 Error 0x80070643

Anonymous
2023-10-13T09:33:55+00:00

Failed to Install KB5001716 Error 0x80070643

I am unable to install this update. I start with the basic options of restarting and trying but it has now lasted for quite some time.

I have tried clearing the whole cache of windows update as per the guide by Seema-Bharti here how to clear windows update cache - Microsoft Community

However the failed update just reoccurs on reboot when I restart windows update service.

Os I tried to install it manually from the microsoft catalog. However, the exact KB5001716 cannot be found.

The closest match I found was Microsoft Update Catalog

When I download this, I downloaded the very bottom one, windows 10 and later GDR I cannot find an option to install it just expands into more and more files.

What do I do to clear this bad update?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
TekkieBoy 12,556 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-10-27T00:39:13+00:00

Try this:

Download and install this Update:

https://catalog.s.download.windowsupdate.com/c/upgr/2022/07/windows10.0-kb5015684-x64_523c039b86ca98f2d818c4e6706e2cc94b634c4a.msu 

Restart the PC when prompted.

After restarting, start the update search on the Windows Update settings page and let Windows install any updates found there.

When done restart the pc again.

Greetings

Was this answer helpful?

300+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2023-10-20T04:45:31+00:00

I can confirm the inplace Upgrade does not work to resolve this.

Had an online Microsoft officer try the inplace upgrade as well and it will not update.

The issue with this update is that it errors when downloading so install is never attempted.

This issue resolved when the latest major upgrade for Windows 10 came thru. It didn't install the update however the update was removed from the updates to install after the major update had completed

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-01-08T06:16:13+00:00

    Hi, I resolved the KB5001716 fail too, as below described

    I reinstalled from zero Windows 10 Home, after some Windows Updates it got stuck in KB5001716 fail to install

    The solution was to download and install KB5033372 autonomous package from

    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=KB5033372

    In my case it was the x64 version, 802,104 KB size

    This has fully resolved the Windows Update issue, now working fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-23T20:49:04+00:00

    0x80070643! Bei mir hat er dieses Update installiert, jedoch fordert er genau dieses Update immer wieder an: "KB5001716" und gibt dann immer wieder diesen Fehlercode 0x80070643 aus. Das Update KB5015684-x64 ist bei mir auch schon installiert, trotzdem fordert er immer wieder dieses Update KB5001716 mit dem besagten Fehler an.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments