BSOD Clock Watchdog Timeout randomly when running games

Anonymous
2023-11-18T23:07:22+00:00

Been having issues recently with CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT Bsods, I've tried using SFC Scan to check for system instability, i've bought and installed new ram to try and remedy the situation. I don't know how to read the event viewer logs to find something related to what's causing my issue. Any help in troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated System Specs are below.

PROCESSOR I9-12900KS
GEFORCE RTX 3080 TI 12GB GDDR6X
2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO PCIE 4.0 NVME M.2 SSD
ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI
Windows 10 OS
KINGSTON 16GB DDR5-6000MHZ FURY BEAST BLACK MEMORY 32GB total

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-21T05:34:51+00:00

    Alright, Chipset drivers have been updated and Bios has been flashed. I'll monitor it and see if it remedied my issues. I have updated my bios as of a month or so before this to try and remedy this issue as well. I'll let you know if the problem persists in the next 48 hours

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T17:31:28+00:00

    Alright I'm at work so I'll attempt to update all of the drivers you listed tonight and update you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Jonathan Deives 81,795 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-11-20T16:47:45+00:00

    Ok, the file still doesn't indicate whether the cause is driver or hardware.

    Go to the manufacturer's website, search for your system model and download the latest chipset drivers and also check if there is any BIOS update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T15:53:18+00:00

    windows defender found no issues with the file

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T15:13:34+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments