Can't believe no one in windows acknowledged this...
More than a year and the problem persists.
Did anyone find a fix? Too many things sorted to roll back to windows 10 sadly
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Has anyone else experiencing extremely long times for copying one hard drive to another?
I'm trying to copy all the files from a standard 3.5" hard drive to an SSD.
It's almost 1TB of data but the speeds continuosly drop to less than 1MB/s when in safe mode, as running the PC in it's normal mode stalled the copying process with it showing 0KB/s.
I am on the latest version of Windows and with the newest updates with the apparent bug fix.
I am on day 3 of copying these files.
I have tried all the "fixes" that show up on Google and both hard drives have "full control" by myself/all users.
Hoping someone can help.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Can't believe no one in windows acknowledged this...
More than a year and the problem persists.
Did anyone find a fix? Too many things sorted to roll back to windows 10 sadly
I had the same difficulty, being unable to do the most basic back up because a 30 MB file would take 10 minutes to transfer to an external drive.
Followed someone's advice here and downloaded FastCopy, it works perfectly fine! The transfer is stable at 3.60 MB/s and never plummels down at 0. But you shouldn't have to use a 3rd party software for the most basic copy/paste function.
Same problem here; mainly with external USB HDD drives. New USB-3 drives with the original drive-specific USB-cable. Only happens on Windows 11; not on Windows 10 (using the same drives). And not only 2.5" and 3.5" HDDs, but also SSDs are affected.
Never found a solution, but there are 2 'reasonable' work-arounds on Windows 11:
HDD is SATA internal drive.
SSD is M.2
I wouldn't expect any performance issue in that case. I would start up in Safe Mode and test the speed. That may help determine next troubleshooting steps.
HDD is SATA internal drive.
SSD is M.2