DPC Watchdog Violation caused by ntoskrnl.exe and other various causes
I am fed up and tired of Lenovo not handling this for their customers, it's been over a year since I purchased this laptop from them (Lenovo Yoga 7 14ARB7, 6800U and 32GB ram model)
I've still been having the same DPC watchdog violation BSOD's, with increasing frequency these past few days.
All I can seem to deduce is it tends to happen when I am either interacting with the touchscreen or the trackpad.
It's been basically the same 0x00000133 and ntoskrnl.exe for the past 2 months or so, but when I originally got my hands on it, there were others causing it such as amdkmdag.sys, dxgmms2.sys, msgpioclx.sys, and WppRecorder.sys.
If anyone can help me out, I have kept copies of all the dump files that I remembered to copy over, which is most of them. Just let me know how I should upload it.
Moderator note < rearranged sentences for better clarity >
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2023-10-25T01:38:32+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-10-25T03:52:06+00:00 Please continue with the earlier plans.
-
Anonymous
2023-11-02T18:17:59+00:00 Another BSOD today, but something new happened while it was dying.
So normally, the screen first freezes, indicated by the lack of mouse movement when attempting to move the mouse via trackpad, or writing is not showing when writing with a pen stylus. However, today, when it froze while using the trackpad, it managed to attempt to recover itself, as I was still moving the trackpad and causing gesture inputs, which caused the BSOD to happen faster. I was able to regain some mouse movement for a brief moment, also indicated by the audio that was sent through on my Bluetooth headphones playing a video that was playing. However, the bluescreen itself, displayed right after this and a short moment of freezing.
The new part was the small recovery if that wasn't clear. I've never seen that happen before.
Luckily, I wasn't in class at the time, so I managed to generate a v2. See linked. https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/kkzlzvedx3vmlm4y5vgaz/VITAMINZ-2023-11-02_14-11-00.zip?rlkey=bb2f7jxi4pz9jllugdp3hg2uk&dl=0