DPC Watchdog Violation caused by ntoskrnl.exe and other various causes

Anonymous
2023-10-12T00:36:25+00:00

I am fed up and tired of Lenovo not handling this for their customers, it's been over a year since I purchased this laptop from them (Lenovo Yoga 7 14ARB7, 6800U and 32GB ram model)

I've still been having the same DPC watchdog violation BSOD's, with increasing frequency these past few days.

All I can seem to deduce is it tends to happen when I am either interacting with the touchscreen or the trackpad.

It's been basically the same 0x00000133 and ntoskrnl.exe for the past 2 months or so, but when I originally got my hands on it, there were others causing it such as amdkmdag.sys, dxgmms2.sys, msgpioclx.sys, and WppRecorder.sys.

If anyone can help me out, I have kept copies of all the dump files that I remembered to copy over, which is most of them. Just let me know how I should upload it.

Moderator note < rearranged sentences for better clarity >

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-13T01:41:58+00:00

    Hi Vitamin,

    Thank you for providing additional information. Since you've already taken some initial steps, and the issue persists, here are some further suggestions:

    As you mentioned, performing a clean boot is a good idea. This can help you identify if the issue is related to third-party software or services. By selectively disabling non-Microsoft services and startup items, you can isolate the problematic component. If the problem disappears in a clean boot state, you can then gradually re-enable services and startup items to pinpoint the specific one causing the issue.

    You mentioned that the issue seems to occur when interacting with the touchscreen or trackpad. It's essential to rule out hardware problems. Have Lenovo's technical support or an authorized service center inspect these components and any related connections.

    If none of these steps resolve the issue, You can upload your dump files to a file-sharing service like OneDrive and provide the link for analysis.

    Your Sincerely

    Hahn - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T12:48:00+00:00

    All updates have been applied through Microsoft Update or Lenovo's website. Diagnostic tools say nothing is wrong. Fast Startup was one of the first settings I turned off. I have not done clean boot yet, I will get back to you on that. And as for event viewer, nothing out of the ordinary occurs before a bsod, just that a dump file was created after reboot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-12T07:52:46+00:00

    Hi Vitamin,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    I'm Hahn and I'm here to help you with your concern.

    I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Lenovo Yoga 7 laptop. DPC Watchdog Violation errors can be caused by a variety of factors, including outdated drivers, hardware issues, or software conflicts.

    To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend that you try the following steps:

    1. Update your drivers and BIOS: Make sure that all of your device drivers are up to date, including your graphics card, network adapter, and chipset drivers. You can download the latest drivers from Lenovo's website.
      • Check if there's a BIOS update available for your laptop. BIOS updates can sometimes resolve hardware-related issues.
      • If you've identified specific drivers like amdkmdag.sys, dxgmms2.sys, msgpioclx.sys, or WppRecorder.sys as culprits in the past, consider updating or disabling these drivers.
    2. Check for hardware issues: Run a hardware diagnostic test to check for any issues with your laptop's hardware components. Lenovo provides a built-in diagnostic tool that you can access by pressing the F10 key during startup.
    3. Disable fast startup: Fast startup can sometimes cause issues with Windows 11. To disable it, go to Settings > System > Power & sleep > Additional power settings > Choose what the power buttons do > Change settings that are currently unavailable > Uncheck "Turn on fast startup".
    4. Perform a clean boot: A clean boot can help identify if there are any software conflicts causing the issue. To perform a clean boot, follow the steps in this article: How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support
    5. Check Event Viewer: Look in the Windows Event Viewer for more details about the error. This might provide additional clues about what's causing the issue.

    If none of these steps resolve the issue, you may need further assistance. You can upload your dump files to a file-sharing service like OneDrive and provide the link for analysis.

    I hope this helps.  If there is anything not clear, please do not hesitate to let me know.

    Your Sincerely

    Hahn - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments