DPC Watchdog Violation caused by ntoskrnl.exe and other various causes
I am fed up and tired of Lenovo not handling this for their customers, it's been over a year since I purchased this laptop from them (Lenovo Yoga 7 14ARB7, 6800U and 32GB ram model)
I've still been having the same DPC watchdog violation BSOD's, with increasing frequency these past few days.
All I can seem to deduce is it tends to happen when I am either interacting with the touchscreen or the trackpad.
It's been basically the same 0x00000133 and ntoskrnl.exe for the past 2 months or so, but when I originally got my hands on it, there were others causing it such as amdkmdag.sys, dxgmms2.sys, msgpioclx.sys, and WppRecorder.sys.
If anyone can help me out, I have kept copies of all the dump files that I remembered to copy over, which is most of them. Just let me know how I should upload it.
Moderator note < rearranged sentences for better clarity >
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2023-10-21T05:35:59+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-10-21T05:23:08+00:00 Please run the V2 log collector and post a share link into this thread using one drive, drop box, or google drive.
https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/2198-bsod-posting-instructions.html
https://www.elevenforum.com/t/bsod-posting-instructions.103/
Make sure that share links are available without sign in.
-
Anonymous
2023-10-21T05:03:23+00:00 In-Place Upgrade has not worked, I've done that before and it hasn't worked this time either. So much for reinstalling everything and getting all my files back on to the device.
-
Anonymous
2023-10-17T02:09:56+00:00 Hi Vitamin,
This is a bugcheck analysis report for a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (error code 0x133) on a Windows 10 system. This error typically indicates that the DPC (Deferred Procedure Call) watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an elevated IRQL (Interrupt Request Level). IRQL is a measure of the priority of various system operations.
Here are some key details from the analysis:
- Bugcheck Details: The bugcheck analysis indicates that the DPC watchdog detected an extended period of time at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
- Arguments:
- **Arg1**: 0000000000000001 - The system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
- **Arg2**: 0000000000001e00 - The watchdog period (in ticks).
- **Arg3**: fffff80444b1c340 - Additional information about the cumulative timeout.
- **Arg4**: 0000000000000000
- STACK_TEXT: This section shows the call stack leading to the bugcheck, with various functions and modules involved in the process.
- MODULE_NAME: nt - The bugcheck is related to the Windows kernel (ntkrnlmp.exe).
- IMAGE_VERSION: The version of the Windows kernel is 10.0.22621.2361.
The bugcheck is associated with the
KeAccumulateTicksfunction in the Windows kernel (ntkrnlmp.exe). This function is related to timekeeping and managing various kernel timers.A bugcheck like this is typically caused by hardware or driver issues, such as faulty hardware or incompatible drivers.
Let’s try performing an in-place install or in-place upgrade which will refresh your Windows files and operating system without removing files or applications. That being said, we always recommend that if you have important data, you should back it up before making large system changes. If you want to back up your data first, please do so. Once you are done backing up, you can follow the steps in the following guides: How to perform an In-place Upgrade with Windows 10 Step-by-Step Guide - Microsoft Community
If the issue persists and you're unable to identify the root cause, it may be helpful to consult with a professional technician or the support team of your hardware manufacturer for further assistance.
Your Sincerely
Hahn - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist
-
Anonymous
2023-10-13T01:57:51+00:00 Here is the link for all the dump files I have, all the way from 2022: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/9ftc4ssqivtr3usj6eyco/dump-files.zip?rlkey=cza5lm7fr1lbesu7vw99kjbzf&dl=0
Other users have sent their device in for repair, and every time they've returned, nothing seems to have changed.