i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?

Anonymous
2024-02-03T18:28:31+00:00

i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T04:08:57+00:00

    Thank you, thank you. Yep, there it was - again. Typical MS sneakiness.

    Like you, I'd much prefer no AI.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-23T20:15:10+00:00

    Hi.

    I am not much of a computer person, but I just went into my Apps (old ASUS with Windows 10) located the Copilot application and uninstalled it.

    I noticed it had been installed on February 11, 2025. That was probably the last time I had this old computer turned on.

    Scary stuff!

    I am about to upgrade to an inexpensive laptop that can support Windows 11....and I will no doubt need to fight to remove Copilot again

    Also trying to keep AI uninstalled on all of my Apple devices.

    Sue

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T03:13:03+00:00

    This only removes it for a single log on. After one session of freedom from copilot, it will install itself as a sidebar again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-11T02:57:08+00:00

    I would like to remove Copilot entirely from my Windows 10 computer. Just removing the icon from the taskbar is not the solution I seek.

    I tried the gpedit change and the regedit change, and neither one worked.

    How do I remove Copilot from my computer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-02T12:43:25+00:00

    I did the same thing still comes back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments