I am having an identical issue. I didn't find anything in the registry, but right clicking on the taskbar, pointing to "Search", and turning off "Search Highlights" seemed to remove the Copilot picture.
i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?
i am using windows 10. how do i disable copilot?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Settings
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-02-10T22:40:42+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-02-13T00:53:04+00:00 unable to disable copilot as it is not an option on edit taskbar
-
Anonymous
2024-03-05T15:46:14+00:00 No. I finally called into Microsoft Support, I have a 365 annual subscription that includes this, and they remotely disabled it.
-
Anonymous
2024-02-11T11:34:25+00:00 Hi - I don't have the CoPilot preview option either. I followed instructions to disable Windows CoPilot using gpedit.msc but that doesn't work. I then looked at instructions for regit edit where I could have created a new key but the gpedit.msc setting had already created one. So basically, I've turned it off and Windows is ignoring this. I've restarted the PC and logged out and in again and it was still there! I've now tried your suggestion and turned off "Search Highlights" and at least the annoying icon has gone, so thank you!
-
Anonymous
2024-08-06T20:08:49+00:00 Sarah,
I have given up on all the assorted options given in these posts.
I accidentally found what I am hoping is a permanent solution (at least on windows 10)
in the taskbar area of desktop, far left click on the windows symbol.
click on settings / apps / apps & features / scroll down to "copilot" highlight it / choose "uninstall"
when I did this, it disappeared from taskbar and apps & features (did same thing to corona, I hate AI)
(Do not see it in control panel / uninstall or change a program, but don't know if it is considered a program since it is an app or would have even been listed in this section)
I cannot find it and am hoping beyond hope it is permanently gone!
If you do this and find it is permanently gone, please reply and let me know how it worked for you, OK?
thanks