I change my linkedln authenticator app from unknown person
He was hacked my account
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I encountered an issue while upgrading my phone and transferring all accounts to the new device. Despite logging into my Microsoft Authenticator account on the new device, I noticed that my profiles didn't transfer. Following online instructions, I backed up to the cloud. However, as I'm already logged in on the new device, I can't locate the prompt to restore from backup nor find the option to log out to access this link. Should I uninstall and reinstall the app, or is there another solution I might be overlooking? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I change my linkedln authenticator app from unknown person
He was hacked my account
I followed force stop, Uninstalled authenticator, reinstalled and on opening the app there's an option at the bottom of the app to restore..
I think most of this issue occurs when we switch to a new phone and copy over the apps from another phone. In this case, the best option is to remove authenticator first and reinstall so restore option is available. This is observation from changing 2 devices in last 10 months.
OK I figured it out. Need to sign in to MS account website, go to security and add authenticator again. Then it produces the QR code to scan. Thanks everyone.
This worked perfectly for me, thank you! You can also uninstall/reinstall the app to have it forcefully take you back to the setup screen.
That will be the route or option that you can go to to be able to recover or retrieve it from the backup that you made.