Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options

Anonymous
2024-04-13T04:40:49+00:00

I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out ( I usually have my passwords and pins written down somewhere incase I forget). It doesn't have the "I forgot my pin" option at all and tried disabling the secure boot option in BIOS, didn't do anything. I tried holding down shift+ restart to try entering to safe mode, did not work. I do not want to reset my laptop to lose all of my stuff and I'm at my wits end with this, how do I solve this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-09-10T18:40:13+00:00

    Hi

    I get the same - did you get a useful answer?

    Thanks

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-10T19:02:30+00:00

    Hi Martin

    With my ASUS there is something else blocking the CMD at reboot - I remember a trick of replacing the OSK with CMD - I get the toggle but I don't get the CMD or the On screen keyboard - any ideas on what blocks the CMD at the PIN screen?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-20T09:16:46+00:00

    Hi, I am having the same issue however the command centre keeps responding with "The system cannot find the path specified". I have tried it multiple times and double checked that I have typed everything out correctly. Nothing else is working either

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-09-23T14:03:49+00:00

    I tried this and just on step one even the windows logo isn’t showing on my laptop when the pc restarts. Is there any other way to fix the issue?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-09-23T23:02:38+00:00

    How do I “Navigate to the path below and delete the entire contents of this folder:”? I don’t know how to navigate to any path.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments