Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options

Anonymous
2024-04-13T04:40:49+00:00

I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out ( I usually have my passwords and pins written down somewhere incase I forget). It doesn't have the "I forgot my pin" option at all and tried disabling the secure boot option in BIOS, didn't do anything. I tried holding down shift+ restart to try entering to safe mode, did not work. I do not want to reset my laptop to lose all of my stuff and I'm at my wits end with this, how do I solve this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-26T18:29:27+00:00

    the whole process is retarded it wont allow you to reenter your proposed pin number your trying to make things secure but refuse to allow it to happen ?????????I question the purpose of it all

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-07-04T02:35:26+00:00

    I tried this and could not get it to work

    is there another way

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T01:25:16+00:00

    I have done upto 4th step but after the reboot, I do not find the utility manager icon, how do I proceed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-07-05T01:49:19+00:00

    I have difficulty in step 6, it returns a message " the syntaxes of this command is: NET USER

    [username [password | *] [ options ] / DOMAIN

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-07-07T02:00:29+00:00

    Didn't work

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments