Hi, Kareena Chin wing
I'm guessing that there is a problem with command input in your case, forgive me if I may not have explained it clearly, here I am giving you a specific example:
The first command is to create a new user. For example, if I want to create a new user with the username Martin and set the password of this user to 123456, then the command should be as follows:
net user /add Martin 123456
The second command grants administrator privileges to the user. For example, if I want to grant administrator privileges to the user with the username Martin, then the command should be as follows:
net localgroup administrators Martin /add
Yes, normally you are using an administrator account, the purpose of creating a new user and granting administrator privileges is to log in to the new account in case the original account is not able to log in successfully, and manage account access control through its administrator privileges.
You can log into the new administrator account with the window closed and rebooted for further action.
If I didn't understand your concern or if there are any new developments in the issue, feel free to sync in your reply.
Best Regards
Martin | Microsoft Community Support Specialist