Windows 11, forgot pin and can't use other sign in options

Anonymous
2024-04-13T04:40:49+00:00

I tried logging in with my fingerprint but some reason it didn't work and then said needs pin to sign in, I can't log in to my laptop at all, I forgot my pin and I unfortunately don't have my pin with me to type it out ( I usually have my passwords and pins written down somewhere incase I forget). It doesn't have the "I forgot my pin" option at all and tried disabling the secure boot option in BIOS, didn't do anything. I tried holding down shift+ restart to try entering to safe mode, did not work. I do not want to reset my laptop to lose all of my stuff and I'm at my wits end with this, how do I solve this?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-28T03:43:42+00:00

    Martin,

    I have the impossible PIN problem so now I am using a different computer. I may buy a new HD for the bricked computer.

    Every large company I deal with sends me an email confirmation after we do anything. Why can't MSFT email every change in PIN or Password to its users? And why not force the change to take 1 week? That is, for a week, the user could still use the old method, but after a week MSFT sends them a second email with their new PIN and bricks their computer if they lose the email. You know, be kind.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-24T01:10:37+00:00

    Forgot my pin. When I click on reset my pin nothing happens. I can't login.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-07-17T13:50:47+00:00

    Hi Martin,

    When I try to reboot in command promt it still asks for the admin PIN and because of a policy it doesn't allow non admin users to acces de cmd. This doesn't work for me. Is there a way to force entering the admin password?

    Best regards,

    Rienk

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-23T20:44:08+00:00

    Forgot pin and I didn't set up a USB to reset my pin I don't have access to my laptop because I forgot my pin to unlock computer

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-24T11:06:01+00:00

    I have done till 7th step. But it did not asked to reset my original account pin. It created new user name account. And i can only login that one but nothing inside. I i should write the commands on number 8? And how to do that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments