I can't install .NET Framework 3.5 on my Windows 11 laptop.

Anonymous
2024-04-05T14:13:11+00:00

I have tried to turn on the windows features for .NET framework 3.5 and install it through the command prompt, but nothing seems to work.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-11T22:54:11+00:00

    Run:

    dism /online /disable-feature /featurename:NetFX3
    

    And then reboot Windows.

    Then run the following command to reinstall it:

    dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All
    
    Note the error messages if any.
    

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T15:59:06+00:00

    Hi,

    Here are the error messages

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-12T16:05:19+00:00

    0x80d03805 is a connectivity issue. The system might be offline, or the Windows Update client on your computer is broken.

    ******************************************************************************

    DO_E_BLOCKED_BY_NO_NETWORK (0x80d03805)

    Delivery Optimization paused the job due to loss of network connectivity.

    ******************************************************************************

    Grab the Windows 11 ISO and follow "Method 2" in this article. It should work in most cases.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-13T16:42:26+00:00

    Hello,

    I followed the steps and this is the error I received this time:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-13T17:03:04+00:00

    May I know what is C:\Sources\SxS? Does the folder exist?

    Did you copy the CAB file to that folder?

    Image

    Also, what's the exact command line did you use?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments