I can't install .NET Framework 3.5 on my Windows 11 laptop.

Anonymous
2024-04-05T14:13:11+00:00

I have tried to turn on the windows features for .NET framework 3.5 and install it through the command prompt, but nothing seems to work.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T13:52:37+00:00

    Hello,

    This is the error code I'm receiving now:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-11T14:13:32+00:00

    Glad the old error is gone.

    First, uninstall .Net Framework 3.5 using DISM. And then reboot Windows.

    Then, reinstall .Net Framework 3.5.

    If that doesn't help, please share the latest CBS logs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T17:30:12+00:00

    Hi,

    When I try to download the framework then this problem occurs:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-11T17:39:39+00:00

    No need to download .NET Framework 3.5.

    First, uninstall .Net Framework 3.5 using DISM.

    dism /online /disable-feature /featurename:NetFX3
    

    And then reboot Windows.

    Then, reinstall .Net Framework 3.5 via Optional Features.

    If that doesn't help, please share the latest CBS logs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-11T22:03:21+00:00

    Yes, that's exactly what I did but after reinstallation of the .NET framework via optional features, the blue screen appeared.

    Here are the CBS logs: 6 Items

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments