I can't install .NET Framework 3.5 on my Windows 11 laptop.

Anonymous
2024-04-05T14:13:11+00:00

I have tried to turn on the windows features for .NET framework 3.5 and install it through the command prompt, but nothing seems to work.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-06T12:53:05+00:00

    Hi,

    I completed all the steps and now I’m receiving the following error: 0x80004005.

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Kapil Arya 38,491 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-05T15:40:13+00:00

    Hello,  

    Try the DISM method to enable .NET Framework 3.5 on your system. 

    Please refer following step-by-step guide: 

    https://www.kapilarya.com/how-to-enable-net-framework-3-5-in-windows-11

    Let us know if this helps! 

    Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Lester Bernard Reyes 85,505 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-05T14:54:53+00:00

    Hi, thanks for reaching out. My name is Bernard a Windows fan like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.

    I understand the issue you have, there is nothing to worry I am here to help, this is an issue with misconfigured .Net framework on the PC and for us to sort out the issue kindly follow the steps below:

    Method 1. Download and Repair .Net Framework.

    Kindly download and repair the Framework using this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/detail...

    Once done downloading and running, try restarting the device and check.

    Method 2. Uninstall and reinstall .Net framework

    Press the Windows key + R then type in:

    optionalfeatures

    Then hit OK

    uncheck for .Net framework 3.5 then follow the prompt and restart PC.

    Once the PC is booted again.

    Press the Windows key + R then type in:

    optionalfeatures

    Then hit OK

    Click on Turn Windows Features on or off

    check for .Net framework 3.5 then follow the prompt and restart PC.

    If none will work from the above solution, I suggest doing an in-place upgrade wherein it will upgrade the device to the latest version and repair all issues without deleting any files.

    Kindly follow the steps from this link:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Let me know how it goes and I hope that helps.

    Bernard

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments