I can't install .NET Framework 3.5 on my Windows 11 laptop.

Anonymous
2024-04-05T14:13:11+00:00

I have tried to turn on the windows features for .NET framework 3.5 and install it through the command prompt, but nothing seems to work.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-11T03:50:31+00:00

    A repair installation should have fixed the component error. Wonder why it wasn't fixed.

    Please run this scanner (64-bit) and let it do the repairs.

    Share the output log here.


    Also, from admin Command Prompt, run:

    • reg.exe load HKLM\COMPONENTS C:\Windows\System32\Config\COMPONENTS

    Press Enter.

    You should see the following output:

    The operation completed successfully.


    Open Regedit.exe and go to:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\DerivedData\Components\x86_system.web_b03f5f7f11d50a3a_10.0.22621.557_none_ba07d193866dcf48

    Post a screenshot of that branch.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T22:00:17+00:00

    Thank you for your reply. Here is the link: 5 Items

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-10T08:46:43+00:00

    Hi,

    Yes, but I still have the same issue as I’m not able to download .NET 3.5 framework.

    Try to install the .NET Framework 3.5 using OptionalFeatures, and let it fail.

    Then, upload your CBS logs to OneDrive and share the link here.

    • c:\windows\logs\cbs\                   <= Zip and upload all files in this folder.

    (How-To: Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-10T08:34:25+00:00

    Hi,

    Yes, but I still have the same issue as I’m not able to download .NET 3.5 framework.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-09T10:50:28+00:00

    Hi there,

    Were you able to do a repair installation?

    .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) Error code: 0x80070057 - Microsoft Community: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-35-includes-net-20-and-30-error-code/c7f814ab-407d-4504-9c04-3e31ef5bbc75

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments