I can't install .NET Framework 3.5 on my Windows 11 laptop.

Anonymous
2024-04-05T14:13:11+00:00

I have tried to turn on the windows features for .NET framework 3.5 and install it through the command prompt, but nothing seems to work.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-13T18:28:50+00:00

    Hi,

    I think it's drive C, but I can't see any option to mount it when I right click on it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-13T17:42:35+00:00

    The article doesn't anywhere mention C:\Sources\SxS. It points to the Sources\SxS folder on the mounted ISO.

    Did you mount the ISO? Which drive letter is it?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-13T17:17:11+00:00

    I used this command dism /online /Add-Package /PackagePath:C:\Sources\SxS\microsoft-windows-netfx3-ondemand-package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~.cab and then followed by dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /All /Source:C:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess as suggested by this article: https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/error-0x80070490-net-framework-3-5/. 

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-13T17:03:04+00:00

    May I know what is C:\Sources\SxS? Does the folder exist?

    Did you copy the CAB file to that folder?

    Image

    Also, what's the exact command line did you use?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-13T16:42:26+00:00

    Hello,

    I followed the steps and this is the error I received this time:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments