I can't install .NET Framework 3.5 on my Windows 11 laptop.

Anonymous
2024-04-05T14:13:11+00:00

I have tried to turn on the windows features for .NET framework 3.5 and install it through the command prompt, but nothing seems to work.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-15T17:35:41+00:00

    Hi Alex607,

    I'm glad it's sorted now. And thanks for the update.

    Regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-15T17:29:44+00:00

    Hi,

    I would like to express my gratitude for your patience and help over the past few weeks in trying to resolve the problem. I successfully downloaded the .NET framework 3.5 after running the Driver Verifier.

    Thank you so much!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 182K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-04-14T15:11:28+00:00

    Yes, I followed these steps again since the same issue occurred but it didn’t help.

    The CBS logs should have helped identify the problematic component.

    I tried to run driver verifier. However, now I can’t even turn on my laptop because my laptop keeps restarting and I’m getting blue screen all the time and I’m really worried.

    You can disable Driver Verifier via Windows RE.

    To access Windows RE, try this:

    • Turn off the computer.
    • Turn on the computer, but while it is booting, turn off the power.
    • Turn on the computer, but while it is booting, turn off the power.
    • Turn on the computer, but while it is booting, turn off the power.
    • Turn on the computer and wait.

    After three failed reboot attempts, Windows goes into recovery mode 

    In WinRE, open Command Prompt and follow Step 3 ("Disable Driver Verifier via Command Prompt") in this article to disable Driver Verifier.

    (or)

    If you're willing to do a Reset (with the Keep files option), you can do so from WinRE.

    Source: How can I reset a PC if I forgot the administrator password?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-14T14:43:35+00:00

    It happened after trying to run the driver verifier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more