PC not detecting any new output device

Anonymous
2024-04-28T11:48:54+00:00

My pc doesn't detect any new output device outside my monitor's audio. I constantly have in the device manager two high definition audio controllers, one is working fine, the other one can't start(i don't know if that's the issue). The headphones for sure aren't the issue since they're working everywhere else. I tried to fix by manually downloading realtek audio drivers of my mobo from the manufacturer and format the pc completely with a fresh windows install but nothing fixed. I didn't do any updates and I don't have any new update to do, so I really don't know what the issue could be.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-29T14:54:40+00:00

    You can definitely try that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T15:32:05+00:00

    you got other ideas? I mean I am kinda hopeless that doing that is going to fix something, I still don'understand how 48 hours ago everything was working perfectly and the next 12h it suddenly comes up with all those problems without a single reason

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-29T15:39:19+00:00

    If you don't mind the clean install, and dealing with the data backup, etc. I think it is a reasonable step to try. But if that still doesn't work, I definitely recommend troubleshooting as a hardware issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-30T22:08:12+00:00

    well, since I was lazy to do a fresh install of windows for the third time I decided to download a linux distro iso on my usb and tried it without installing on any disk to see if the problem was related to my windows iso. In the end, every problem is still there sadly

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-30T22:11:01+00:00

    Yeah, then that's definitely not a Windows issue. I still think you have a motherboard issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments