the usual, closed every program I had on my taskbar and then shut down through the os
PC not detecting any new output device
My pc doesn't detect any new output device outside my monitor's audio. I constantly have in the device manager two high definition audio controllers, one is working fine, the other one can't start(i don't know if that's the issue). The headphones for sure aren't the issue since they're working everywhere else. I tried to fix by manually downloading realtek audio drivers of my mobo from the manufacturer and format the pc completely with a fresh windows install but nothing fixed. I didn't do any updates and I don't have any new update to do, so I really don't know what the issue could be.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-04-28T23:21:38+00:00 -
EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-04-28T23:27:10+00:00 Turn off Fast Startup and see if that might make a difference:
Go to Control Panel> Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do > change settings that are currently unavailable, then uncheck the box for fast startup
-
Anonymous
2024-04-29T10:55:22+00:00 Just done it and nothing changes, it still remains turned on without monitor signal.
-
EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor2024-04-29T12:14:35+00:00 Type cmd in the search on the taskbar and press enter to launch Command Prompt, Then run this command:
shutdown /s /f /t 0