PC not detecting any new output device

Anonymous
2024-04-28T11:48:54+00:00

My pc doesn't detect any new output device outside my monitor's audio. I constantly have in the device manager two high definition audio controllers, one is working fine, the other one can't start(i don't know if that's the issue). The headphones for sure aren't the issue since they're working everywhere else. I tried to fix by manually downloading realtek audio drivers of my mobo from the manufacturer and format the pc completely with a fresh windows install but nothing fixed. I didn't do any updates and I don't have any new update to do, so I really don't know what the issue could be.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T10:55:22+00:00

    Just done it and nothing changes, it still remains turned on without monitor signal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-29T10:52:01+00:00

    there's nothing wrong there I think, so I should uncheck sleep and lock? after going on "change settings that are currently unavailable"?Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-28T23:27:10+00:00

    Turn off Fast Startup and see if that might make a difference:

    Go to Control Panel> Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do > change settings that are currently unavailable, then uncheck the box for fast startup

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-28T23:21:38+00:00

    the usual, closed every program I had on my taskbar and then shut down through the os

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-28T23:13:47+00:00

    What steps did you take exactly to turn off PC?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments