PC not detecting any new output device

Anonymous
2024-04-28T11:48:54+00:00

My pc doesn't detect any new output device outside my monitor's audio. I constantly have in the device manager two high definition audio controllers, one is working fine, the other one can't start(i don't know if that's the issue). The headphones for sure aren't the issue since they're working everywhere else. I tried to fix by manually downloading realtek audio drivers of my mobo from the manufacturer and format the pc completely with a fresh windows install but nothing fixed. I didn't do any updates and I don't have any new update to do, so I really don't know what the issue could be.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-05-01T12:54:52+00:00

    I’m glad you figured it out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-01T12:50:22+00:00

    ok, I managed to fix it somehow? I went in bios and checked some settings about integrated gpu and disabled virtualization and some other things and now it perfectly works, the pc shuts down NORMALLY and the audio works somehow. Thank you anyway for your patience and help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-30T22:24:48+00:00

    I am afraid you would have to troubelshoot this as a hardware issue then.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-30T22:17:59+00:00

    I was just checking physically by removing the chassis of the case and I noticed that in the end, the disks just turn off, the components that still work are cpu and gpu (ram too i suppose)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-30T22:11:01+00:00

    Yeah, then that's definitely not a Windows issue. I still think you have a motherboard issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments