PC not detecting any new output device

Anonymous
2024-04-28T11:48:54+00:00

My pc doesn't detect any new output device outside my monitor's audio. I constantly have in the device manager two high definition audio controllers, one is working fine, the other one can't start(i don't know if that's the issue). The headphones for sure aren't the issue since they're working everywhere else. I tried to fix by manually downloading realtek audio drivers of my mobo from the manufacturer and format the pc completely with a fresh windows install but nothing fixed. I didn't do any updates and I don't have any new update to do, so I really don't know what the issue could be.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-28T19:01:50+00:00

    What you showed me is not BIOS. BIOS is the firmware of your motherboard. You can refer to your motherboard user guide for more specifics. I believe you might have to use Delete key upon starting up computer to access BIOS. Once in BIOS, see if the audio controller is enabled.. Once again, since BIOS is not part of Windows, and it is different on different motherboard, I wouldn't know exactly if it is eveen called audio controller, or where it is in the menu structure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-28T18:56:38+00:00

    what about this one?

    Can you go to BIOS and see if audio card is detected in the motherboard? Considering you've gone through a clean install, and have all of the correct driver installed, the issue can be hardware related at this point.

    well, I honestly don't know how to check that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-28T18:55:48+00:00

    Different motherboard can have different BIOS menu stucture and labeling.. so I wouldn't be able to tell you the exact place to look, but in general, once you get into BIOS, look for anything related to onboard device, and see if it shows you the Realtek audio card. If not, then it can be the card is bad, or it is not seated correctly, hence not detected.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-28T18:54:07+00:00

    Can you go to BIOS and see if audio card is detected in the motherboard? Considering you've gone through a clean install, and have all of the correct driver installed, the issue can be hardware related at this point.

    well, I honestly don't know how to check that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. EmilyS726 269.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-04-28T18:46:55+00:00

    Can you go to BIOS and see if audio card is detected in the motherboard? Considering you've gone through a clean install, and have all of the correct driver installed, the issue can be hardware related at this point.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments