By Far the worst ive ever used! given it chance after chance after chance it even wiped my back up drive recently Microsoft will have a huge problem when they stop supporting windows 10 and trust in Microsoft windows will be at an all time low.
Windows 11 is awful.
I have no clue why but I can't send any screenshots or photos so I'll try summarizing it.
Windows 11 is awful and will be going back to windows 10 with the new pc I'm putting together. Windows 11 runs absolutely unnecessary background processes and windows processes. My current gaming laptop specs should be able to handle what I do on my computer but instead a small game running will cause my laptop to get hot (already it gets a bit warm from just all the stuff running in the background THAT I DIDN'T INSTALL. Everything on there either was there or is new from the update.) Without running any personally installed applications, my window/background processes my task manager says I use NEARLY HALF of my CPU and around 30 Memory. I have tried ending tasks in the task manager but they continue to pop up and I attempted to uninstall the programs causing it but can't delete any of them because my SYSTEM can only make changes to those. I have looked here for an answer and have done just about everything Microsoft 'claims' to help. What's worse is I don't know what is SAFE to uninstall if I do figure it out. FOR THE PEOPLE WHO GET A NEW GAMING COMPUTER/LAPTOP DON'T GET WINDOWS 11 UNLESS YOU'RE A MASTER WIZARD AT UNINSTALLING OR HAVE A BUNCH OF CPU/MEMORY. I'm apparently not the only one having this particular problem where Windows runs way too many processes in the background, several friends of mine refuse to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 because of it.
I don't know if there's a way to go back because it's been a bit but I'd much prefer going back to windows 10.
Personally, I would prefer windows 8 (the biggest failure of them all) over windows 11. I'd rather have a hard time navigating around on my computer than hardly being able to use it for its intended purpose.
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700U with Radeon Graphics 1.80 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB (13.8 GB usable)
Device ID 0662E79D-D3FB-4DE4-81F8-F79964A0CC5A
Product ID 00325-97249-48126-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
55 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2024-12-26T21:00:47+00:00 -
Anonymous
2025-01-06T13:05:19+00:00 You don't need a license key to run Windows 10.
It will run forever without one; it will just keep telling you that you don't have a valid key every now and then.
MS make nearly all the money they make from Windows through corporate sales and bundling with new PCs. They really don't care about individuals building a PC and running Windows on it for free.
-
Anonymous
2025-01-12T19:10:47+00:00 Aside from the idiotic changes to pulldown menus by self-important a**hole designers: wireless mouse stops working in midflight. wireless headset stops working, The system suddenly gets sluggish. I have a 32-core 64GB system and this has gotten worse and worse over the first 3 months. These guys have really F**D it up. I have to reboot every few days. What ****. Oh, and after geting put to sleep, the internet doesn;t work. HAve to repeatedly retry retry retry. And yes I did whatever to stop it form doing it but that doesn't work either. You screwed the pooch
-
Anonymous
2025-01-21T17:25:08+00:00 My office computer was forced into and "upgrade" on to this aggravating thing that is windows 11. Many months later I continue to find stupid changes that make formerly easy tasks more complicated or impossible.
HATE IT.
-
Anonymous
2025-01-24T21:06:33+00:00 yep Microsoft excell at ruining good thigs,
the UI looks and feels cheap. and is combersom.
and as usual they have made it very hard to get a similar feel to W10.
they dont seem to care about the end user, its just lets force our latest brainfart on our users, they have to get used to it.
they also have a crappy habit of buying software companies so they can, turn good products into pilres of ****, or they just scrap them.
they also insist on implementing thigs like acrobat into there products very very badly instead letteing other software houses perfect there producs.